Law Office of Elizabeth Butler
Interested in learning more about us?
About the Law Office of Elizabeth Butler
Choosing a lawyer to represent you in a legal matter is about finding an attorney knowledgeable in the area of your needs whose litigation style you feel most comfortable representing your needs. My initial hour-long consultation is free. During that time we discuss your needs, the likely progression of your case, and the ideal outcome. This consultation is also a time in which you will get a sense of my litigation style and determine whether the partnership we will forge moving forward is best for you.
I practice in all areas of Juvenile Law: IL DCFS Administrative Appeals (Indicated Findings and Licensing Issues), Defending Parents Against Allegations of Abuse or Neglect in Circuit Court Proceedings, Defending Children against Delinquency Allegations, and Appeals of Termination of Parental Rights, Findings of Delinquency, and Domestic Relations related appeals.
- Loyola University of Chicago Law School, JD, 1993
- Chair, Juvenile Law Committee, Chicago Bar Association, 2013-2014; 2015-2016
- Legislative Liaison, Chicago Bar Association, 2014-2015;
- Senior Advocate, The Young Center for Immigrant Children's Rights;
- Past Steering Committee Member, Illinois Parent Attorney Network;
- Moot Court Committee Member, Illinois Appellate Lawyer's Association;
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association;
- Former Board Member, The Family Defense Center.
- "Allegations of Child Abuse in Custody Disputes & Visitation Battles, in Family Law, IICLE, 2003, co-authored;
- "Forfeiture Under the Methamphetamine Control and Community Protection Act", Chicago Bar, May 2006;
- "Family Law and Child Custody Appeals", in Illinois Civil Appeals: State and Federal, IL Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2015.